Are you looking for a step change in machine versatility and utilisation? Komatsu Europe announces the introduction of the EU Stage V emissions compliant D71-24 Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) Dozer, an all-new model in Komatsu’s bulldozer line-up, available in EX, EXi, PX, and PXi configurations, for ultimate versatility.
“Customers asked us for a dozer that could push like a D65 but with the precision, balance and reflexes of a D61: that’s why the super versatile D71 was designed” says Benoit Raquet, Product Manager at Komatsu Europe. “It’s a dozer that can do it all and allows the optimisation of our customers’ machinery and maximum utilisation on the jobsite.”
Loaded with almost 100 years of Komatsu design, development and technological experience, the D71-24 is Komatsu’s largest ever HST dozer. It offers sensational aesthetics, unrivalled visibility with its distinctive super-slant nose, razor sharp response, heavyweight performance and lightweight consumption. A range of standard features bring safety, driver comfort, durability, easy service, low operating costs, and a commitment to peace of mind with Komatsu Care and Komtrax.
Operating weights of the D71EX-24/PX-24 range from 22,600 to 24,000 kg with blade capacity up to 5 cubic meters. The fuel efficient, EU Stage V Komatsu engine has a power output of 179kW / 240 HP @ 2,100rpm.
Equally adept at precise high-speed grading and rough dozing, the D71-24 is designed to provide outstanding durability and functionality with its high-capacity, wear-resistant dozer blade. The dozer’s Parallel Link Undercarriage System (PLUS) features rotating bushings to help minimize maintenance downtime and cost of ownership.
EXi and PXi versions benefit from second generation Intelligent Machine Control (iMC 2.0) that continuously scans the jobsite and uses the data to plan the next pass. The D71-24 presents a huge increase in productivity and accuracy, can work in automation modes almost continuously, is furnished with ergonomic one-touch controls, and allows any operator to drive like a pro.
Benoit Raquet added “The PXi and EXi variants, with iMC 2.0 technology, deliver easy to access assist systems that drivers will want to use almost 100% of the time to deliver accuracy and productivity in one complete package, whatever the job.”
Komatsu’s fully factory integrated intelligent Machine Control system today counts over 2 Million customer operation hours on bulldozers in Europe alone. Fully supported by a network of highly experienced, Komatsu distributor Technology Solutions Experts, it has provided Komatsu customers with field proven, automated dozing control and market leading levels of quality, reliability, accuracy and performance.
D71-24 iMC 2.0 Key features and benefits:
NEW – Lift layer control
- Automatically spreads fill from existing terrain with one press of a button.
- Measures the terrain it tracks over and uses that data to plan the next pass.
- Easy to use: 1 button press
- Consistent layers
- Allows you to double the production (vs model without iMC)
NEW – Tilt steering control
- One press of a button to activate.
- Continuously and automatically tilts the blade to maintain straight travel
- Operator input is reduced by up to 80% (vs machine without tilt steering control)
- Straight travel means a cleaner cut
NEW – Quick surface creation
- Creates a temporary design surface with one press of a button.
- Operators can then begin stripping or spreading using automatic modes whilst waiting for finish grade mode.
- One touch to create a simple surface
NEW – Multi GNSS
- iMC 2.0 utilises multiple GNSS systems: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS
- Reduce risk of shadows from obstructions
- Work continuously and accurately
NEW – Two roof mounted GNSS antennas
- Maintain accuracy even when working on slopes
- Identify and act on:
- Side slip on slopes
- Turning on slopes
Proactive dozing control
- Close the skills gap. Anyone can work like a pro.
- Continuously monitors the jobsite:
- What is below the tracks and blade position
- Stores the data and plans the next pass – automatically.
- Can operate automatically 100% of the time.
- Increases productivity by more than 60%.
- x25 EU languages in the iMC 2.0 monitor.
Komatsu is an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.