Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. website (www.marubeni-komatsu.co.uk).
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. collects personal information about you to deal with any enquiries you may have about them, to improve and develop these for the future and send you marketing materials if you have opted in to receive this.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. collects the following types of personal information about you:
Forename and surname
Details of your enquiry
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see the Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. Cookies Policy.
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. receives this personal information about you:
• When you contact us directly or visit the Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. website (www.marubeni-komatsu.co.uk) and fill out an enquiry form or sign up to the newsletter.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. uses this personal information about you:
To identify who you are when you contact us
• To provide you with the Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. products or services you have requested and to understand what Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. products you may be interested in.
• To contact you regarding your Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications.
• To improve Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. products or services and to carry out customer surveys.
• To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. product or service
• To send you marketing information about Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. products or services
• To invite you to Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. events you may be interested in
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd, and its third party service providers (e.g., marketing fulfilment agencies) may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. will provide your personal information to:
• Marubeni-Komatsu Finance if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products or services
• Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing fulfilment agencies or IT service providers.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. or its third party service providers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Your personal information may be transferred to Marubeni offices operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd.’s third party service providers based or operating outside the EEA. Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
Your personal information will be held in Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd.’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period to manage our relationship with you. Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd.:
• ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd.
• OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. or by a third party.
• RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
• ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. or by a third party.
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Marketing, Marubeni-Komatsu Limited, Padgets Lane, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0RT, United Kingdom.
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd. handles your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.