The new WB97S‐8 is the first follow‐up model in Komatsu’s new range of backhoe loaders. Packed with customer‐focused features, the WB97S‐8 offers a high level of standard specifications along with unrivalled operator visibility thanks to Komatsu’s unique combination of a lateral exhaust pipe and compact bonnet.
“Following the successful introduction of the 2 wheel steering model, the new WB97S‐8 brings a range of high‐standard features to the Komatsu Backhoe Loader family” says Alex Visentin, Product Manager at Komatsu Europe. “With a clear focus on safety, the WB97S‐8 is a perfect balance between great visibility, operator comfort and productivity, which makes it a perfect match for any customer’s needs”
Performance & Efficiency
Built around the successful features of previous Komatsu backhoe loaders, the new Komatsu WB97S‐8 has an operating weight of 8,750 kg, and an improved EU Stage IV Komatsu SAA4D99E‐1 engine with more power (75 kW /101 HP gross), lower fuel consumption and no loss of performance or productivity. A viscous fan clutch helps to achieve fuel savings by reducing the engine load when maximum cooling is not required.
With a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system using AdBlue®, the new after‐treatment system greatly lowers harmful NOx emissions, protecting the operator, bystanders and the environment.
Versatility is a must for any backhoe loader: for fast and smooth operations in any application, Komatsu’s well proven Closed Load Sensing System is at the core of the new WB97S‐8’s hydraulics. It is supplemented by Komatsu’s exclusive parallel loader linkage, ideal for working with forks. The standard “Return to Dig” function, a kick down switch, and, for the loader, a new automatic “speed up” and a selectable floating function, confirm this new backhoe loader as a premium package for customers.
Safety, Comfort and Easy Maintenance
Safety is the number one priority for Komatsu.
Hose burst valves are now included for backhoe operations and on stabilizers. A new “Engine Shutdown” secondary switch, reachable from ground level, a new “Travel Neutral” lock, “Street Mode” functions and a new optical seat belt alarm complete Komatsu’s traditionally safe environment for the operator.
The switch console was redesigned, and a new accelerator pedal, fuel dial and standard air‐suspension seat further promote comfortable and productive cab surroundings.
The latest KOMTRAX technology and a new 7’’ multi‐function colour monitor, with fuel consumption indications and maintenance info displayed in one of 15 built‐in languages, improve communications between the machine and the operator and contribute to the optimisation of the total cost of ownership.
The battery, main switch and relays are conveniently located, with a with easy maintenance access to the electrical system. The AdBlue® tank is accessible from ground level for a quick, easy and safe refill.
With its refined and contemporary styling, the new Komatsu WB97S‐8 is sure to stand out on any jobsite.
WB97S‐8 New Features & Benefits:
- EU Stage IV emissions compliant – Peace of Mind
- Engine power increase, 75kW gross.
- Viscous engine fan clutch – noise reduction, fuel consumption reduction
- Higher fuel efficiency – profit up
- High‐resolution multi‐functional 7” LCD colour monitor panel with instant fuel consumption – everything at a glance, operator comfort, modern high tech. appeal
- New Travel Neutral lock and Street mode functions ‐ Safety
- Optimised smart design (cooling radiator, radiator fan, layout) to maintain compact dimensions – visibility, manoeuvrability ‐> productivity up
- New Loader auto speed up ‐ Smart loader operation, easy to use, peace of mind
- Komtrax 3G communications with Consumed fuel (Monthly and daily) and AdBlue gauge
- Maintenance info displayed on the monitor. peace of mind, maximise up‐time
- Engine shut down secondary switch – safety, peace of mind.
- Seat belt caution indicator – safety, peace of mind
- Aesthetic design – desirability, peace of mind