Introducing the new GD675‐7 Motor Grader. Its powerful and efficient EU Stage V emission‐certified engine and a “Heavy‐Duty” aftertreatment system, which combines a Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) with a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system, allow this latest addition to Komatsu’s motor grader line‐up to offer additional choices to customers.
”Along with the new EU Stage V engine, a strong development focus was put on operator comfort” says William Groven, Product Manager at Komatsu Europe. “The complete redesign of the controls to a fingertip system reduces operator arm movement by over 90%”. He adds “Thanks to this, and combined with the new transmission controls, the new stop‐at‐center articulation and a much better visibility, the operator’s stress and strain is greatly reduced”
Power under the hood
The powerful 218 HP (163 kW) Komatsu SAA6D107E‐3 engine is EU Stage V certified. For optimal fuel savings, a 2‐mode, 3‐stage Variable Horsepower Control (VHPC) allows the selection of the appropriate mode, Economy or Power, to match operating parameters to the application.
Aftertreatment components were designed together with the engine for efficiency and long life. The Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) is now combined with a new integrated Komatsu Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system using AdBlue®, to further reduce NOx emissions.
More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator ‐ and no interference in machine operation.
The Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown function automatically turns off the engine after it idles for a set period of time. It helps to lower operating costs and reduces unnecessary fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
Performance & Efficiency
The Komatsu industry‐exclusive dual‐mode transmission (8 forward, 4 reverse), allows operators to benefit from the high travel speed and the reduced fuel consumption provided by a direct drive, and from the increased tractive effort and control of a torque converter.
The Komatsu power shift transmission, designed and built specifically for Komatsu graders, provides on‐the‐go, full power shifting, as well as inching capability and automatic shifting in the higher ranges. A full locking differential offers the required traction, even in most severe operating conditions.
A new transmission shift lever, with a finger‐operated Forward‐Neutral‐Reverse switch, simplifies operations and dramatically reduces the amount of required hand movement. The new inching pedal allows precise control of the machine.
Comfort & Operational Ease
The slightly smaller but “right sized” steering wheel improves visibility and operator room in the cab and is convenient for those long “blade‐up and roading” trips. A new steering lever lets the operator
keep both hands on the low‐effort work equipment levers and make small steering adjustments, while operating, without needing to turn the steering wheel.
The new multi‐position adjustable arm rests and LH/RH consoles can be precisely matched to the operator’s preferences thanks to a powered raise/lower function and mechanical fore/aft adjustments.
A new high‐capacity, air‐suspension seat softens in‐cab machine vibrations. A “stop‐at‐centre” articulation feature further simplifies operation, and the “presence monitoring” system sounds an alert if the operator’s seat is left empty without the controls being properly locked out.
Other Standard Value Features
Two, five‐section hydraulic control valves are standard: they enable the addition of attachments and are strategically located to improve forward visibility. For grade control, the GD675‐7 is TOPCON 3DMC plug‐and‐play ready, with no aftermarket valve required.
The Closed‐Center Load Sensing (CLSS) hydraulic system, with a variable displacement pump, supplies flow and pressure only when required, resulting in less heat and a lower fuel consumption.
Blade lift accumulators absorb shocks when the moldboard hits immovable objects.
The GD675‐7 is supported by Komatsu CARE, a maintenance program for Komatsu customers that comes standard with most new Komatsu EU Stage V construction machines, with maintenance extended to cover the SCR system.
Komatsu’s pioneering KOMTRAX wireless telematics system provides machine metrics, including KDPF status and AdBlue®‐level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
GD675‐7 ‐ New Features & Benefits
– Fingertip controlled EPC work equipment ‐ 92% reduction of arm/hand movement.
– Sub‐steering lever ‐ Allows the operator to keep hands on the low‐effort, work equipment levers and make small steering adjustments, while operating without having to turn a steering wheel.
– “Right sized” steering wheel – Slightly smaller, it provides more visibility and operator space in the cab. Convenient for those long, “blade‐up and roading” trips.
– New multi‐position adjustable arm rests and LH/RH consoles ‐ With electric power raise/lower and mechanical fore/aft adjustments to precisely match operator preferences.
– High‐capacity, air‐suspension seat ‐ Softens in‐cab machine vibrations for the operator.
– Stop‐at‐centre articulation feature ‐ Simplifies operations.
– Operator presence monitoring system ‐ Alerts if the operator leaves the seat without controls properly locked.
– Transmission shift lever with finger‐operated Forward‐Neutral‐Reverse switch ‐ Simplifies operations and dramatically reduces required hand movement
– More complete Topcon Plug & Play ‐ For easy and durable installation of Topcon Machine Control systems.