Superb Design ‐ Excellent Comfort ‐ Superior Safety
Marubeni-Komatsu announces the new PC80 MR‐5 midi excavator – to be on show on our stand at Scotplant in April. With an integrated counterweight and tight tail swing radius, a swing boom that hugs the machine and operating weights ranging from 8,000 to 8,240 kg the PC80 MR‐5 is ideal for work in confined areas and urban environments.
The Komatsu PC80 MR‐5 is packed with new and improved features. Designed with the customer in mind, it is powered by an electronically controlled Komatsu 4D98E‐5SFB Stage IIIB engine, with DPF
and a net horsepower of 46.2 kW (62 hp). This more environmentally‐friendly engine maintains the proven performance of the previous series while reducing fuel consumption by up to 10 %.
“The PC80MR‐5 is designed for improved versatility, manoeuvrability, comfort ‐ and for low operating costs,” says Emanuele Viel, KEISA Group Manager Utility. “It’s a perfect tools for most confined‐area jobsites and for construction, utility, landscaping or similar applications”.
The latest KOMTRAX telematics, offer top fleet management and support, protect the machine against misuse and guarantee maximum efficiency and uptime.
Komatsu’s reliable and tough design solutions have further reduced machine downtime. The auto-decelerator and idle shutdown now both come as standard: they help to reduce fuel consumption,
increase residual value and lower service costs. The proportional lines improve the machine’s productivity and versatility when working with attachments.
Newly developed hydraulic electronic controls optimise machine performance and also lower fuel consumption, whatever the job. The 6 selectable working modes, a concept usually reserved for higher
end hydraulic excavators, promote relaxed operations and increased profits.
First Class operator comfort
The new PC80 MR‐5’s cab was redesigned, inside and out, for more functionality and a modern look and feel. Accessibility was improved with a new hinged door solution, and a high‐resolution multifunctional 3.5” LCD colour monitor panel, with maintenance info displayed, improves ease of use and technological appeal. Air conditioning is now standard and a dial type fuel control further increases operator comfort, control and convenience.
Safety and peace of mind
The control lever Neutral Detection System is an industry‐leading safety feature, along with the engine shutdown secondary switch and seat belt caution indicator. The easy‐to‐use tie down brackets provide fast and easy transportability.
The new PC80 MR‐5 midi excavator is manufactured by Komatsu Italia Manufacturing.
Komatsu Italia Manufacturing, in Este, Italy, is a subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth‐moving equipment, consisting of construction, midi and compact construction equipment. Komatsu Italia Manufacturing also builds mini excavators, skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders and under 17 tonnes hydraulic excavators. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state‐of‐the‐art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high‐quality reliable products for nearly a century.
New Features and benefits
- Newly designed cab and interior – Increased operator comfort, modern image.
- Newly developed hydraulic electronic controls like on bigger excavators – Optimal performance and low fuel consumption whatever the job.
- Selectable working modes – A concept from higher class excavators.
- High‐resolution multi‐functional 3.5” LCD colour monitor panel – Operator comfort
- New blade design and profile – Improved shape, height and length – Strong blade requires less repair and causes less down time.
- Standard: Auto decelerator and idle shut down– Reduced fuel consumption, increased residual value, less service costs
- Maintenance info displayed on the monitor (new) – A concept from higher class excavators
- New hinged door design – Easy cab accessibility – Improved operator comfort.
- Reliable and tough design solutions – Reduced downtime
- Neutral Detection System control lever – Industry leading safety
- Engine shut down secondary switch – Increased safety, peace of mind.
- Seat belt caution indicator – Increased safety, peace of mind.
- Easy‐to‐use tie‐down bracket – Fast & easy transportability
- Standard: KOMTRAX telematics – 3G communication– Integrated components ‐ Additional functions for unrivalled fleet management.