Filters may all look similar but inside, it’s a different story.
You could be causing damage to your machine by opting for a filter that is cheaper.
There seems to be no great difference, at first sight, when you compare a genuine Komatsu filter with an imitation. However, if you were to open the filter up and look inside, big differences are instantly apparent. The differences are also considerable when investigating the performance.
Advantages of Komatsu genuine filters
• Larger filtering area
• Larger number of paper folds
• Corrugated paper surface to increase surface area and prevent interference between paper
• Uniform mesh filter paper for a superb filtering performance
Field tests were recently conducted to determine.
Our comparative tests:
Pulling strength test – To investigate durability.
Tests proved that Komatsu Genuine filters can pull a weight of 12kg before degrading, while an imitation filter will degrade with a weight of 5kg.
Result – Komatsu Genuine Filter is 58% more effective.
Pore size test – To investigate the fineness of the filter pores.
Tests proved that Komatsu Genuine filters could prevent particles as small as 20µ entering the engine, while an imitation filter could only prevent particles of 60µ.
Result – Komatsu Genuine Filter 3x more effective.
Impulse Test – Repeated application of a constant pressure to investigate overall durability.
Komatsu Genuine filter able to withstand repeated pressure 250,000 times, the imitation filter only lasted 1300 times.
Result – Komatsu Genuine filter is 99.5% stronger.
Efficiency at 10 µ*
*µ = microns (micro-millimetre)
• Filtration performance is acceptable
• Filter is clogged after 611 hours and oil starts to return to the tank over the relieve valve
• Filtration performance is poor
• Filter is clogged after 638 hours and oil starts to return to the tank over the relief valve
• Filtration performance is very poor
• Filter is clogged after 272 hours and oil starts to return to the tank over the relief valve
• The element was not made from media suitable for hydraulic circuits
• Performance and behaviour poor